- Posted on: Aug 28 2014
What You Need To Consider Before You Decide On Eyelid Surgery
Blepharoplasty is a common cosmetic procedure, with goals to improve the appearance of the eyelids by removing excess skin and fat. – leaving patients with a more refreshed look. Fully accredited Long Island, NY plastic surgeon, Dr. Elliot Duboys has many years of experience in reversing signs of aging around or excess skin around the eyes with blepharoplasty. It is important that patients understand what to expect when it comes to this procedure, specifically expected results.
Look Younger & Rejuvenated With Blepharoplasty
Eyelid surgery improves signs of aging and comes with the following cosmetic benefits:
- Removes excess skin and fat.
- Lifts sagging/drooping upper eyelid skin.
- Removes puffiness or bags above or below your eyes.
- Reverses wrinkle lines of the lower lid.
Moreover, many patients also receive eyebrow lifts for functional purposes to prevent the following problems:
- Sagging eyelids that affect your field of vision.
- Excess folds of skin that rub together, creating irritations.
- Discomfort in the forehead from lifting sagging eyelid skin.
The results of blepharoplasty are endless. You will not only look less tired, but you will also look and feel younger. Even if you are only interested in softening lines, the impact on your entire facial appearance will be absolutely tremendous!
Are You a Candidate for Blepharoplasty?
You may be a candidate for blepharoplasty, especially if you are interested in a more youthful and alert look or are looking to improve any of the aforementioned problems associated with drooping eyelid skin. We recommend that you come in to our Long Island, NY area office for a consultation to see if you will benefit from blepharoplasty. If not, we will discuss other possible options that may be able to achieve the same goal.
What Can I After Blepharoplasty?
It is important to us that our patients that are interested in eyelid surgery take the time to understand what the recovery for blepharoplasty entails.
- Recovery period may last between 2 to 4 weeks
- Initial swelling is normal, and should subside within several weeks. Patients may not be able to fully realize final results for a few months following the blepharoplasty.
- Eyes will feel tight and swollen following surgery – this is normal and will dissipate as the patient continues to heal.
- After surgery, it is important that the patient rest with their head elevated
The recovery after blepharoplasty plays an important role into the surgery’s final result. To preserve the work that your plastic surgeon has done, rest and relaxation are essential. During initial surgery consultations at Associated Plastic Surgeons & Consultants, PC, we thoroughly discuss the recovery process to each patient, and will tailor it to their specific needs.
Call Associated Plastic Surgeons For Your Eyebrow Lifting Consultation!
Whether you are interested in restoring youth or improving the functionality of your eyes, blepharoplasty may work wonders for you. If you are interested in eyelid surgery or another type of facial plastic surgery, please do not hesitate to call our Long Island, NY office at (631) 423-1000 for a consultation.
We look forward to hearing from you and helping you combat any signs of aging!
Posted in: Blepharoplasty